Friday 25 January 2013

Jahan daal daal per sone ki...

HAPPY REPUBLIC DAY
A very happy republic day!!!!

Today, I thought of so many songs but chose these three melodies for their unique nature, melody and lyrical power and special memories attached to them...

Come Republic Day so many popular songs were played but when we were in school this song used to be played which was so alluring coz of its colourful presentation of the diversity of our country... This song also took me to the famous legend of Porus and his fight with Alexander and I was lost in the story for years to come.... Enjoy it and do comment about how you feel...





...As a child... I was fortunate to have parents who moulded us to watch quality stuff... In 8 th class I happened to watch Anand Math starring Geeta Bali and Pradeep Kumar and fell in love with the actress!!!! And the concept of how within an Ashram, The foundation for the freedom movement was laid and strengthened by peace loving people... A Parodox...
Plus the famous composition by Uday Shankar for Bankim Chandra Chaterjees soul stirring lyrics in Sanskrit that describe our motherland as nothing less than Almighty...
Please listen to this and lemme know...

Many modern versions have come... But I like this as I am sure it is better than all even today!!!





Last but not the least how can I not remember the most fabulous effort on fusion!!!!
Wonderful effort... MAny more such music videos came but this got etched on our hearts as this was the first ever of its kind...Relive and express ....



YOUR
GOLDEN HAZE




4 comments:

  1. Happy Republic day :)
    casker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you CAsker... This is a pleasant surprise!!!yuppie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This song is one of the golden memories of my childhood. The song,singers, picturization and legends acted in it made it a classic of its own kind. Not an out and out partitic song, but the sense of togetherness, unity in diversity that is portrayed in this song is awesome and is creativity at its best.
    The new version as per me is no where near this one. The essence and soul is missing.

    Harita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree my friend ... but what a fabulous coming together of ace musicians.... thanks fr sharing your thoughts

    ReplyDelete