Wednesday 30 January 2013

Sayyonee


Meri Awaaz suno!!!!

Junoon a Pakisthani band was introduced to me in 1999-2000 by my husband who presented me with an album of theirs and I fell in love with the simple sufiana inspired numbers that were soul stirring...

The restlessness of the soul and the seeker's anguish was expressed by sayyonie and it was a wonderful time for me to listen to the guitar notes that were prominent in the song... listen to this,...






Meri aawaz suno mujhey Azaad karo... A call for emanicipation.... I like this song for its deep notes and ofcourse the lyrics... Although the rendering is not outstanding... its the rustic nature of it that adds beauty to the general vibration of melancoly the song carries...





It s a different experience you have when you listen to these two numbers... as you start reflecting on life and its vagaries... and the question wells up... Who Am I and where have I come from? Where do I go?

keep listening and quest for these answers continues...
Your
GOLDEN HAZE

No comments:

Post a Comment